The Flame Tamer

Flame Tamer – It sounds powerful huh?  The generic name for this is a heat diffuser.   We find that our gas stove burners on the boat just don’t go low enough sometimes. Until we started using the Flame Tamer, we would occasionally burn our rice or sauces on the bottom. Rice is probably the best example. This round metal perforated plate with a wooden handle reduces the heat under your pot. You can find these at hardware stores or kitchen stores for about $10. I found one like I use here on Amazon and a good price.

Orillo pics 011

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.